The nominations brochure for the 2018 STAR Awards at the 2018 SHPE National Convention is now available.
Nominations will close on July 10th, 2018.
A candidate can be nominated for more than one award. The candidate must meet the criteria as stated in each award description.
To submit a nomination, the following is required:
- Completed SHPE STAR Awards Nomination Form.
- Biographical sketch that is no more than two typed pages.
- Nominee Merit Description: No more than two typed pages covering the following:
- Describe the nominee’s contributions and achievements, including dates and effects or results.
- Describe specific examples of how the nominee’s efforts resulted in the enhancement, development, and/or promotion of SHPE.
- Letters of recommendation or other materials that might support the nomination.
- Include a color photograph of the nominee.
- Additional consideration will be provided to current SHPE members in good standing.
- All materials received become the property of SHPE. Please do not send original documents.
Take careful note of the file upload guidelines below:
- In order to streamline the submissions process and to ensure complete reviews, please adhere to the following requirements for your file uploads:
- Upload materials in a single zipped folder.
- All materials for submission must be combined and submitted as a single PDF file.
- Naming convention for the file will be “LastNameFirstName_Award Nominated For_2018”
THE NOMINATION GUIDELINES ABOVE ARE APPLICABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING AWARDS:
Members and corporate/government partners are able to nominate peers in all categories indicated below.
- Jaime Oaxaca Award
- Junipero Serra Award
- Community Service Award
- Professional Role Model
- Student Role Model/Undergraduate and Graduate
- Promising Engineer
- Hispanic in Technology — Government and Corporate
- Corporate Achievement
- Pioneer of the Year Award
- SHPE Star of Today
- SHPE Star of Tomorrow
- Manager of the Year Award
- Green Engineer Award
- Innovator Award
- Chapter Advisor of the Year Award
- Educators of the Year (K-12 & Higher Education)
- Diversity Award
- Young Investigator Award